What Are Some of the
Many Vitamin B12 Benefits?
In spite of the fact that you only need a small amount of vitamin B-12 every day, you need it to do some very big jobs. some of the many vitamin b12 benefits include:
- Vitamin B-12 helps your body extract and use the energy from the foods you eat by aiding the processing of the proteins, carbohydrates and fats you consume.
- B-12 is vitally necessary to the healthy formation of red blood cells. Keep in mind that it’s the red blood cells that deliver oxygen all over your body. If you don’t have enough B-12, your red blood cells will form abnormally, and be targeted for destruction before they ever leave your bone marrow. And that means that fewer red blood cells will be present in your bloodstream to handle all those oxygen deliveries that you need to feel energetic and vigorous throughout your day.
also helps you maintain a healthy nervous system by aiding in the production of the myelin sheath-a protective covering that surrounds your nerve cells and creates a sort of superhighway to speed the conduction of signals from your brain along your nerve cells.
- Vitamin B-12 plays an important role in the natural production of a mood-affecting substance known as SAM-e. SAM-e is short for S-adenosylmethionine, which is a fancy name for an essential molecule that occurs naturally in the cells of plants, animals and, of course, humans.
While SAM-e has been available by prescription in European countries for years, it’s only been recently that SAM-e has been getting attention in North America for the treatment of depression and for the preservation of emotional well being, as well as other conditions. Research has shown that our bodies produce less SAM-e as we get older, and it seems logical that this could be a result of our known decrease in ability to absorb B-12 as we get older. This connection, while compelling, needs further research.
- Vitamin B-12 also serves a critical function in metabolizing homocysteine. More than likely, you’ve never heard of homocysteine - homocysteine (HCY) is an amino acid that occurs naturally as your body processes and breaks down proteins from the foods you eat. B-12 is needed to convert homocysteine into other substances that your body can either use or flush out through your urine.
Click here for more information about the dangers of homocysteine.
When you don’t have enough B-12, the homocysteine builds up and becomes toxic in your blood, causing damage to the interior walls of your arteries and veins. Your body then tries to heal these damaged area with a protective coating that basically acts like flypaper for cholesterol and plaques, eventually leading to blockages that can result in heart attack, stroke, or even dementia.
- B-12 protects against certain types of liver injury by toxic agents.
- It is known to increase the amounts of other vitamins that get deposited into your tissues, especially vitamin A.
- B-12 aids in reproduction and lactation.
- B-12 helps reduce a person’s propensity to bruising.
- And B-12 is thought to help combat hangover, alcoholism, diabetes mellitus, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, multiple sclerosis, spastic paraplegia, atrophy of the brain’s cerebellum, polyneuritis, and certain psychoses.
As you can see, there are many vitamin b12 benefits that play a critical role in maintaining health and longevity. But there are even more great vitamin b12 benefits to consider.
Even More Amazing Vitamin B12 Benefits
- Helps you to combat the blues, stay upbeat and maintain a balanced mood
- Maintain steady energy levels all day
- Eliminate brain fog and stay mentally sharp
- Avoid forgetfulness and improve memory
- Reduce the levels of harmful homocysteine
- Lowers you risk of heart disease and stroke
- Diminishes your risk of developing Alzheimer's disease
Now that you are fully informed about the many amazing vitamin b12 benefits that you probably didn't know about before. And what B-12 is, what it does and why you may not be getting as much of it as you need daily, you will be able to make an educated decision about the best way to care for your health and preserve a higher quality of life for yourself.
I firmly believe that vitamins, especially vitamin B12, are crucial to achieving optimal health and maintaining your lifestyle. Vitamins are nature's way of priming your cells to not only be efficient at what they do, but also to help them achieve their maximum lifespan.
Feelings of fatigue, irritability, mood swings, depleted energy levels, memory loss and certain types of depression are not nature's way of letting you know that you're getting older! Those symptoms are your body's early warning system - your body's way of letting you know that you are not getting the nutrients you need to function at your best.
I Am Here to Help!
Imagine having the energy, stamina, and positive outlook you had when you were ten or twenty years younger. Now, imagine doing one simple thing for yourself each day that could also lower your risk of heart disease, stroke, and Alzheimer’s. There’s so much more that B12 can do to help you improve your health and well-being.
Just fill out this simple form to discover how you can get 100% of vitamin B12 benefits today!